Friday, January 10, 2014

The Squares are Back!

I am one of the worst bloggers ever!  I always make this last on my list of things to get to because my life is so busy.  Perhaps my New Years resolution will be to become a more dedicated blogger!

A couple of weeks ago I had a bad split on my middle nail and had to file them, instead of losing all the length I went for a round/almond shape.  I felt like an imposter!  I finally had enough length to file them to squares again today!  I'm so happy, I decided to blog about it.



For the return of the squares I was inspired to do a Skittlette, inspired by Marta from chitchatnails.com.  Her manicures always have a very classy polished look to them!  Products used for this look at Color Club's Apollo Star  and Nomadic in Nude as well as Revlon's Black Magic.  I was very surprised that Apollo Star dried like a textured polish.  Typically I'm not a fan of textured polishes but this one is very beautiful.  I topped the middle and ring with NYC's Matte Me Crazy.

Ahhh... it's good to be back!

1 comment:

  1. What exactly is a skittlette mani I have seen so many different concepts I guess I don't understand the meaning or something! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete