Thursday, January 23, 2014

Swatches and Review of Liquid Sky Lacquer

Hi everyone!  A few days ago Carolyn creator of  Liquid Sky Lacquer was kind enough to send me 5 of her polishes to swatch and review.  First of all I want to mention that she is a wonderful person to work with and is so kind!  She kept me informed as to watch polishes I was getting and emailed me a tracking number which I really appreciated so I knew when the polishes would arrive.  As well she was available to answer any questions I had and very promptly.  All summed up it is my opinion that she is only class act!
 
 
I'll start with the Holographic polishes that she sent me.  First is "Glistening Coral".  This is a gorgeous Coral linear holographic polish.  The application was beautiful, as I found with all of her holographic polishes, they go where you want them to which leaves you with very little clean up.
 
 
This is 2 coats plus topcoat
 
 
Close up
 
 
Next is "Moonlight & Roses".  This one is a light dusty pink linear polish.  Again, the formula is fantastic!
 
2 coats plus topcoat
 
 
Close up
 
 
Then we have "Rock My World".  This one is a light purple linear polish.  Application was great, the first coat was very sheer but it goes opaque in 2 coats.
 
2 coats with topcoat
 
 
Close up
 

The last of the holo's I have "Mint To Be" which is probably my favorite!  I'm a sucker for mint color's and then you add a holographic property to it and I'm in love!  I had so many compliments on this one and I wore it alone without any art on top, I find that putting nail art on a holographic polish just makes everything look too busy.  This one is a little more subtle then the others but is very unique and stunning in real life!
 
2 coats plus topcoat
 
 
 
Close up
 
 
 
The last polish that I have for review is "24 Karat Rose".  This one is a thermal polish that that transitions from a flakie gold when warm to a flakie pink when cold.  I love this polish!  It's an instant gradient and it's always fun to play with it in warm and cold water!
 
Warm state with topcoat
 
 
 
Cold state
 
 
 
Transition state
 
 
 
With animal print nail art.  I think I will do these again in the summer months, I love how they turned out!
 
 
So there it is guys.  I hope you enjoyed this and found it informative.  If you have been thinking about purchasing any of these polishes in my opinion I say it's worth it, the quality is fantastic!  Keep an eye on her website Liquid Sky Lacquer or on Instagram whimsicalcolor.  She is restocking "24 Karat Rose" this coming Saturday January 25th and the rest of her polishes will be restocked February 1st.
Thanks for reading!
 

 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Very impressed with the holo! and the thermal is stunning, your nail art on top gave it such a beautiful touch!

    ReplyDelete