Saturday, January 11, 2014

Baby Blue Gradient with Butterflies

Hello Lovely's!  Tonight I have done a baby blue to white gradient with white butterflies for the art. 
 
 


I started with the base color of "Stand by Your Manny" from Nicole by OPI.  It's a beautiful baby blue with a pearl flake in it.  Below is a picture taken in my light box.  The application I found to be great as long as you wait for it to dry completely in between coats.
 
 
 
 
I then did a very subtle gradient on it using a make up sponge and China Glaze's " Dandy Lyin' Around".  It is very similar to Stand by Your Manny in texture, white with almost micro flakies.  I forgot to take a picture of just the gradient alone, sorry!
 
Next came the butterfly nail art.  This mani was starting to look like the sky so I went with butterflies to tie into the colors.  Butterflies can be a little tricky to paint but once you get the hang of it they go pretty fast.  I used a small round brush and white acrylic paint thinned out with water. I start from the outside of the wing and pull in towards the inside using less pressure one the brush as I get to the inner part of the wing.  Then right beside that I do the same thing right beside that stoke to thicken the wing and to give more dimension.  Below is a close up to try and show the strokes in the wings.
 
 
 
 
The last step I did was to add some loose glitter to the design.  It's just a iridescent glitter I grabbed at Sally's Beauty Supply added to some Wet n' Wild clear polish and added to the design around the butterflies.  This is just to give it a little bit of sparkle :)  Test out your glitters after you buy them, some are not solvent resistant and end up looking matte and very sad when you put them in polish.  I pore a little bit of clean polish on my pallet and add some glitter to it to see if it's reacting okay.
 
 
 
No light box version.
 
 
 
 
Hope everyone is having a fantastic Saturday!  Thanks for reading!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment